Blue Sky Award
The Blue Sky Award, started in 2011, invites non-profit organizations in Alberta to compete for an annual award of pro-bono Architectural services, to enable them to move towards realizing the projects of their dreams. Whether it be a new facility, a renovation of an existing building, or a master plan or feasibility study, we provide $10,000 of design services to the winning submission.
Over the years, we've connected with many excellent non-profits, championing a broad range of worthy causes. Some years, mulitiple runners-up were chosen, after our jury couldn't choose only one winner.
Our Blue Sky winners include:
- 2011: CASA (Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health) (Runners-up: Vecova, Artists' Urban Village)
- 2012: Canadian Paraplegic Association (Alberta) (Runners-up: Alice B. Donahue Library & Archives, Red Deer Native Friendship Society)
- 2013: SKILLS Society (Runner-up: Fulton Place Childcare Society)
- 2015: Bissell Centre (Runner-up: Safe Harbour Society)
- 2016: FAVA (The Film and Video Arts Society of Alberta) (Runner-up: Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern Alberta)
- 2018: Aquarium Society of Alberta (Runner-up: The Citadel Theatre)
- 2019: Soccer Without Boundaries
- 2020: Tomorrow Foundation for a Sustainable Future (TFSF)
Stay tuned to our social media for announcements about the 2023 Blue Sky Award!