Blue Sky Award [Alberta]
The Blue Sky Award, started in 2011, invites non-profit organizations in Alberta to compete for an annual award of pro-bono Architectural services, to enable them to move towards realizing the projects of their dreams. Whether it be a new facility, a renovation of an existing building, or a master plan or feasibility study, we provide $10,000 of design services to the winning submission.
Over the years, we've connected with many excellent non-profits, championing a broad range of worthy causes. Some years, mulitiple runners-up were chosen, after our jury couldn't choose only one winner.
Our Blue Sky winners include:
- 2011: CASA (Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health) (Runners-up: Vecova, Artists' Urban Village)
- 2012: Canadian Paraplegic Association (Alberta) (Runners-up: Alice B. Donahue Library & Archives, Red Deer Native Friendship Society)
- 2013: SKILLS Society (Runner-up: Fulton Place Childcare Society)
- 2015: Bissell Centre (Runner-up: Safe Harbour Society)
- 2016: FAVA (The Film and Video Arts Society of Alberta) (Runner-up: Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern Alberta)
- 2018: Aquarium Society of Alberta (Runner-up: The Citadel Theatre)
- 2019: Soccer Without Boundaries
- 2020: Tomorrow Foundation for a Sustainable Future (TFSF)
Stay tuned to our social media for announcements about the 2023 Blue Sky Award!
Salmon Award [BC + Yukon]
Upon opening a Vancouver studio in 2021, Reimagine created the Salmon Award to get to know the Indigenous communities of British Columbia and the Yukon better.
Riffing on the popularity of the Blue Sky Award, our Salmon Award for Architecture offers a BC/Yukon Indigenous community or organization $20,000 worth of design services, to help bring their project to life!
The inaugural Salmon Award is open for submissions until August 10, 2022. Click HERE to access our submission package!